Frequently Asked Questions
The questions below are those asked by our customers when they are evaluating the My SOS Personal Alarm products. We recommend that you read as many as possible.
If there is a question that you have that isn't answered below, please email email@example.com and we will provide an answer. We may also add your question to the page to help other customers and visitors to our website.
- Why is the My SOS Family App not free?
- QVC Vouchers for My SOS Family and the Amazon Echo & Alexa
- Are there any hidden charges?
- My mobile phone has an SOS button for emergencies - what is different about the My SOS Family App?
- What do my SOS contacts do when they get alerted
- Are your products less reliable or inferior?
- What happens when I trigger the Help Me! Alert?
- What happens if my SOS contact’s misses the initial Alert?
- What are the benefits of having My SOS Family service
- How many ways on the App can I discreetly trigger an alert for help
- My SOS Family Automated Monitoring System versus a Monitored Call Centre Operator - how do they compare?
- What is My SOS Family Alexa Skill for Amazon Alexa: Echo, Echo Show and Echo Dot?
- Why is your cost for an SMS message, voice call and voice recording each more than the average cost of a consumer mobile service?
- What if there is no mobile phone signal?
- Why are your prices so much cheaper?
- What if they use their phone and just call me?
- What if I don’t have a mobile phone?
- What methods are used to get an alert to my contacts?
- Will the App work without data or Wi-Fi?
- How can I stagger each person to receive alerts one after the other?
- Why is unlimited contacts important?
- Do my SOS contacts need to remember codes, numbers or what to do?
- What is the Check-In facility on my App?
- What is the count-down timer facility on my App?
- What if my SOS contact who took responsibility cannot help?
- Can an SOS contact message other SOS contacts?